Manufacturer’s Limited Parts and Labor Warranty for PT-200 and PT-56
RAD Technologies, Inc, d/b/a PrecisionTemp, also called the ‘Company’ hereafter, warrants the products it manufactures to be free of defects in both material and workmanship, under normal use and service, when installed and maintained in accordance with PrecisionTemp written instructions, subject to the time periods, terms, and conditions stated below:
The warranty period is eighteen (18) months parts and twelve (12) months labor from the date of in-service or Factory Authorized Start-Up. For booster heaters that are wall mounted, the Company will extend the warranty by six (6) months for both parts (total 24 months) and labor (total 18months). The burner, heat exchanger and tank replacement are warranted for five (5) years (parts only), which will be pro-rated after the first year (call factory for details). Defective parts will be repaired or replaced at the manufacturer’s sole discretion.*
This warranty does not cover failure in any water components including tank, heat exchanger or pump due to freezing, chemical attack, sediment buildup, liming, or scaling due to hard water. Labor charges will be paid by the Company based on PrecisionTemp service labor rate schedule on work performed during regular business hours. Overtime premiums will not be paid by PrecisionTemp. The length of the warranty on any warranty replacement item will be the lesser of ninety (90) days or unexpired portion of the original warranty. Outside the Unites States and Canada, the Company liability is limited to the replacement of the warranted part as specified by the time periods and conditions above.
The Company limits warranty travel time to a maximum total of two (2) hours and one hundred (100) miles. The Company will not pay travel time or mileage that exceeds this without prior authorization. All warranty service must be completed by the Company or its authorized agencies. The Company does not authorize any other person or company to perform warranty service on the Product.
IN ALL EVENTS, NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, SHALL EXTEND BEYOND THE RESPECTIVE TIME PERIODS OR TERMS DESCRIBED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT WILL PRECISIONTEMP BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS LOSS OF USE OR INJURY TO OTHER PROPERTY, LABOR COSTS, OR LOST PROFITS RESULTING FROM USE OR INABILITY TO USE PRODUCT.
IN ORDER TO ACTIVATE THE TERMS OF THIS WARRANTY, THE PURCHASER MUST CONTACT PRECISIONTEMP AND PERFORM A FACTORY AUTHORIZED START-UP.
*Accessory components supplied by PrecisionTemp, carry a one-year parts only warranty. Accessory components include, but are not limited to: temperature gauge, expansion tank, ball valve, drain valve, pressure reducing valve, and relief valve. Labor to replace these components is not covered by this warranty.
LIMITED WARRANTY PROVISIONS
This warranty is intended to provide you with protection against abnormal failure due to faulty materials or workmanship. It does not cover adjustment or replacements due to normal wear. This warranty shall not cover:
1. The cost of labor for stopping leaks that may be corrected by tightening.
2. Damage resulting from untreated hard water conditions resulting in liming or scaling, clogging of valves preventing proper operation, objects such as dirt, sand, chemical buildup or debris, or broken parts caused by solder or other debris passing through this unit.
3. Transportation, installation or removal costs are not covered by this warranty. This warranty does not cover any failures or operating problems due to abuse, accident, alteration of equipment, improper installation, negligence, application of improper voltage, or recalibration of thermostats or limit switches.
4. Damage caused by over-voltage or use with utility service other than designated on the machine’s rating plate or improper connection to utility service. Failure to comply with local building codes, inadequate wiring or plumbing.
5. Damage caused by excessive water pressure.
6. Regular maintenance is owner’s responsibility.
7. Any additional time required to gain access to service the equipment. Additional charges will be billed to the customer.
8. Incidental, special, or consequential damages such as loss of use or injury to other property, labor cost, or lost profits resulting from use or inability to use product.
This warranty is void if defect is due to damage from shipment handling, fire, water, accident, abuse, misuse, acts of God, attempted repairs or improper installation by unauthorized persons, if serial numbers or identifying marks have been removed or altered, or if equipment is used for purposes other than that for which it is intended.
WARRANTY PROCEDURE POLICY
This following procedure must be followed to implement the PrecisionTemp “Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty”. Please refer to the “Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty” for full terms.
1) When possible, contact PrecisionTemp prior to going to the service site. When the technician arrives at the service location, he must call the Company @ 513-641-4446 or 800-934-9690, Ex. 110 or 105. If voice mail picks up, dial “0” and have a service technician paged. NO work should be performed prior to calling the Company. This work will be considered non-billable time and could void the warranty.
If it is known in advance that warranty work must be performed on PrecisionTemp equipment outside of the Company normal business hours (9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Eastern Time), call the above numbers in advance for the phone number of a PrecisionTemp technician to assist you after-hours.
2) If it is known in advance that a part is needed for the service, the service call must not be made until part is on-site.
3) The equipment serial number and installation location MUST be on any and all paper work pertaining to the warranted product i.e.: Invoices, Work Orders, Tech Notes, and RGA’s.
4) Any parts replaced under warranty must be returned to PrecisionTemp within 15 (fifteen) days of claim.
5) Any parts being returned to the Company MUST have an RGA number. If an RGA number was not included with the warranty replacement part the service agency must callthe Company to obtain an RGA number before returning the part.
6) Hourly rate and travel expense must be approved in advance of work being performed. Under no circumstances will PrecisionTemp pay overtime fees.
7) All warranty invoices must be accompanied by copies of the technician’s work sheets that details the service performed and hours worked.
8) Accessory components not installed by factory carry a one-year parts only warranty. Labor to replace these components is not included. The length of the warranty on any replacement item will be the lesser of (90) days or unexpired portion of the original Warranty.
PrecisionTemp will cover warranty work preformed only on PrecisionTemp products for defects with the product, not problems related to the facility or installation or related equipment issues that includes, but is not limited to:
Improper water pressure.
Tripped circuit breaker.
Improper installation including blocked access to heater access panel.
Improper primary hot water temperature or primary hot water problems.
Cold water bypass
Negative air pressure in facility.
Improper power hookup or power turned off.
Undersized gas line or low gas pressure.
Water flow problems caused by the ware washer such as liming or stuck solenoid valves.
Excessively long recirculation loops or undersized plumbing components.
Any problem that is a result of any of the above situations that occur due to misrepresentation of the facilities to PrecisionTemp, consultants or installers prior to or after equipment installation.
Warranty coverage is based on PrecisionTemp warranty policy. The Company may, at times, arrange service as a courtesy to the customer. This does not imply that the Company guarantees the performance of this service or is responsible for the charges.
PrecisionTemp will not pay for additional time required to gain access to its equipment or for the technician not being given access to equipment within a reasonable time-frame. The Company reserves the right to accept or deny warranty claims based on the above policy.