Manufacturer’s Limited Parts & Labor Warranty for RV-550, RV-550NSP and ShowerMate M-550
PrecisionTemp, Inc warrants to the original owner and subject to the below mentioned conditions, that this product will be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of two years from the original purchase date.
PrecisionTemp liability hereunder is limited to the replacement of the product, repair of the product, or replacement of the product with a reconditioned product at the discretion of the manufacturer. This warranty is void if the product has been damaged by accident, unreasonable use, neglect, tampering or other causes not arising from defects in material workmanship. This warranty extends to the original owner of the product only and is subject to the following conditions:
1. For a period of two years from the date of purchase, PrecisionTemp will replace the complete water heater if the heat exchanger leaks due to corrosion. This warranty includes reasonable labor charges required to replace the complete water heater.
2. For two years from the date of purchase, PrecisionTemp will repair or replace any part defective in material or workmanship. This warranty includes reasonable labor charges, required to remove and replace the part. Service calls to customer’s location are not considered part of these charges and are, therefore, the responsibility of the owner.
3. This warranty does not cover the following items classified as normal maintenance:
a. adjustment of gas pressure
b. cleaning or replacement of burner orifices
c. cleaning or adjustment of burner assembly
d. cleaning or adjustment of flue
e. adjustment of pressure relief valve
4. In the event of a warranty claim, the owner must contact, in advance, either an authorized PrecisionTemp Service Center or the PrecisionTemp Service Department. Warranty claim service must be performed at an authorized PrecisionTemp Service Center (a list will be provided at no charge) or as approved, PrecisionTemp, Inc., 11 Sunnybrook Dr. Cincinnati, OH 45237, 800-934-9690 Ext. 109. Return parts (or water heater) must be shipped to PrecisionTemp “Prepaid”. The defective parts (or water heater) become the property of PrecisionTemp and must be returned to the Service Department, PrecisionTemp, Inc. 11 Sunnybrook Dr. Cincinnati, OH 45237.
5. This warranty applies only if the unit is installed according to the installation instructions provided and complies with local and state codes.
6. The warranty period on replacement parts (or water heater) is the unused portion of the original warranty period or ninety (90) days, whichever is greater.
7. Damage or failure resulting from misuse (including failure to seek proper repair service), misapplication, alterations, water damage, or freezing are the owner’s responsibility.
8. PrecisionTemp does not assume responsibility for any loss of use of vehicle, loss of time, inconvenience, expense for gasoline, telephone, travel, lodging, loss or damage to personal property or revenues. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not
apply to you.
9. Any implied warranties are limited to two (2) years. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
10. Replacement parts (components or tanks) purchased outside of the original water heater warranty carry a 90-day warranty. This includes the part at no charge.
This PrecisionTemp heater is designed for use in recreational vehicles, park models, mobile food carts and marine applications for the purpose of heating water as stated in the “data plate” attached to the water heater. Any other use, unless authorized in writing by the PrecisionTemp Engineering Department, voids this warranty.